Monday, October 02, 2006

Al Nennig, of Tree Sprocket, is taking a break, and I say good for him.

Hey guys, sorry to say this, but I'm going on hiatus until November.

I know it sucks, but I really need a break. I just had a bunch of schedule adjustment type things come up in my life, and it results in me losing my normal comic-making day in favor of working, so I have to get used to the changes, re-charge for a while, then come back BETTER THAN EVER!!!

Don't worry though, Tree Sprocket is not dead, and I promise I will be back at the start of November. In the meantime, I will still be around on the Forum.

If you have any Tree Sprocket guest comics, or were thinking of making them, I'd have no problem putting them up during the break, just email them to me.

Speaking of guest comics, I've got one coming up on Fade Resistant later, so I'll post a link when thats up.

So I'll see you guys in a month and a half. If you're looking for something to read while I'm gone, try Fade Resistant, Starslip Crisis, Comet7, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Real Life Comics, Carzorthade, or Ugly Hill"


While I love the comic and would want it to update every day, webcartoonists have lives too, and sometimes they take precedence. But, Al Nennig handles it perfectly. He posts why he's taking a break, when he's coming back, and posts some comics with a similar humor for readers to keep themselves occupied while he's away.

Rather than force out strips just to meet the deadline, Al's taking initiative and being honest with your readership. While it's true that the majority of readers tend to be casual and will delete the bookmark at the first missed update, the readers that matter (the ones that really love the strip) will thank him. Kudos, Al.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lies... LIES! Webcomickers have no lives. If you have a life, you are no longer a true webcomicker. Sorry, but it's true. Unless you post crappy filler like, "Sorry guys.. this is all you get until I get off the crack" and keep the 'filler' coming at random intervals until you realize that you're not a webcomicker any longer. And then you start with the booze and the dope. Soon you'll start having to sell your body on the corner. You'll fall off the face of the internet and won't be heard of for years. Until you try to make a comeback that will last two or three updates. But by then you'll have gotten a real life and won't have time for comics anyways. It's a sad, sad downward spiral, but it happens to the best of them.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, at least he told his readers :)
-Jac

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, at least he told his readers :)
-Jac

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home