Monday, November 26, 2007



I know it's passé to hate on CAD, but I mean... that's the punchline?

Really?

"I know a guy who knows a guy" isn't a punchline... it's a blank space, a placeholder for the author to replace upon thinking of an actual joke.

Examples:

"Eh. I once knew a security guard for a costume store named 'Nappy.'"

"Eh. Turns out my closet adjoins a highschool drama department. Who knew?"

"Eh. Turns out to be a PI, you don't need disguises to investigate cheating spouses... just a parked car and a camera"

"Eh. Just in case I need to change my name and address. Fast."

"Eh. Those "one per customer" coupons are a gold mine for a man with a thousand faces."

Oh sure, they're not all winners, but at least I'm trying

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoaa, you're right: it's far too easy to think something better...

"Eh. Birthday presents. Mom always wanted a girl. Or maybe a hippie."

"Eh. I once had this summerjob cleaning out roadkills."

"Eh. So I can accidentally walk into women's changing rooms."

"Eh. I usually use them to farm lice."

7:40 AM  
Blogger chrisp said...

Brilliant!

3:58 PM  
Blogger DannyboyO1 said...

Actually, the joke in this one is the 3rd panel. The 4th panel is pretty much there to overexplain and/or ruin the joke. Depending on your point of view.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home